2003 DELL'ARTE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF PHYSICAL THEATRE:
Professional Training Program: actor-devised work * commedia dell'arte * melodrama * mime * mask * clown * actor * tai chi * eccentric dance * tango * voice * Alexander * physical comedy * Grand Guignol
1999 M.A. NYU TISCH, PERFORMANCE STUDIES
Focus: traditional Asian performance, avant-garde performance, ritual, play & performance, animated objects & puppetry, carnivalesque, Artaud.
Performance/Devised: Rasabox with Richard Schechner and Theatre of the Oppressed with Augusto Boal
Thesis: Big Bird vs. Barney: Between the Real and the Unreal: An exploration into the reality of the animated object and its role in children’s television.
1993 B.A. CONNECTICUT COLLEGE, Philosophy & Theatre, cum laude
- The Crabtree Award, Theatre Dept., 1993
- The Robert W. Jordan Prize, Philosophy Dept., 1992
- President of Theatre Club
- Directed mainstage production, Equus.
- Clown with Dimitri Bogatirev (Cirque du Soleil’s O and Aga-Boom), 2003
- Scene Study and Improvisation with Byrne Piven, 2001
- Kabuki at Japan Center, New York, 1999
- Commercial Acting with Carolyn Barry, 2005
- Actors’ Gang member: workshops in “The Style” with Tim Robbins, 2007-08
- Dance basic: ballet, jazz, belly dance, salsa, swing, tango, eccentric
- Experience in hand and finger puppets, mascot costumes, Viewpoints, Grotowski, Meyerhold
- Yoga & Tai Chi
SAG-AFTRA * Actors Equity Association * LA Stage Alliance & Ovation Voter * Network of Ensemble Theaters * Society for French Historical Studies * Independent Producer's League * Board Member Dell'Arte as student event coordinator & organizes alumni events in Los Angeles * member of I Zanni, commedia dell'Arte troupe
HANDFUL OF VARIED EXPERIENCE
- USC Instructor in physical theatre & direction of commedia dell'Arte play for MFA program
- Cirque du Soleil clowning - Rose Parade, Microsoft X-Box, various Iris promotional events
- Dial Us For Murder - since 1993, co-owner, writing and running interactive role playing events in an original format: wrote, party planning, directing, production
- NBC sitcom stand in
- Disneyland Character Department (Chip, Happy, Mr. Smee, etc.)
- Universal Studios Tour Guide
- Knott's Berry Farm's Entertainment Department: opening of Mystery Lodge (as Native American Kwakiutl man, Entertainment Dept. supervision, direction, and oversaw Camp Spooky, a children's Halloween event.